Join the Coro Flamenco Street Choir as we heat up the winter at Winter 4Play. We will sing and dance to traditional flamenco songs as we process through the great outdoors, stopping by bonfires along the way where attendees can join in the fun by doing palmas (rhythmic hand clapping), playing rhythm instruments, singing along, and dancing.
Noon to 2 pm (Note that event goes from 11 am to 4 pm)
Snelling Lake Beach at Fort Snelling State Park
101 Snelling Lake Road, St. Paul, MN 55111
Winter 4Play is an event that provides a chance to try winter activities for the first time or get reacquainted. All gear is provided. Besides the Coro Flamenco Street Choir, other Winter 4Play activities include:
- ARTathlon, an artist-created exercise course.
- Heat up in the Little Box Sauna
- Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe with REI, along with help from snowshoe vendor MSR and the Minnesota Rovers Outdoor Club
- Ice Fish and Winter Bird Watch with the National Park Service
- Take a hike with the U.S. Forest Service
- Learn what the heck is a quinzee with Wilderness Inquiry
- Take part in Minnesota N*ICE Breaker games and activities hosted by Saint Paul Hello
- Sip hot chocolate complements of the Jeffers Foundation
- Have S’more Conversation with Impact Hub MSP
- Find out if you and your dog are a perfect match for skijoring with Midwest Skjorers Club
- See the creation of ice globe luminaries with Wintercraft
- Lend a hand in setting MSP up to become the first ‘Sports Epic’ snowball event (200 people needed for 2:00 p.m. game), followed by @Minnstameets capturing a creative image of the entire group in attendance
- Fuel up with snacks from Food Trucks and KIND Snacks, and stay hydrated with Resqwater and Red Bull
- Plus music, bon fires and more.
A valid state park vehicle permit is required ($5 daily, $25 annual). Permits can be purchased at the Fort Snelling State Park Office.
For more information, go to Winter 4Play