CALLING ALL FLAMENCOS & AFICIONADOS
for the first
FLAMENCO PROCESSION DE PRIMAVERA
presented by Deborah Elias Danza Española
with the Coro Flamenco Street Choir
West Side St. Paul
From Cesar Chavez to George to Humboldt to Wabasha Streets See Google Maps
Link to Facebook event
YOU ARE INVITED!
Join us as the Coro Flamenco Street Choir makes its way through the District del Sol, singing and dancing to traditional flamenco songs celebrating spring. We will make stops at businesses along the way to do flashmob-like mini-shows.
- SEE A MINI SHOW while you have a drink or a bite to eat at one of these fun venues:
- El Bar y Cafe at El Burrito Mercado
- El Buen Sabor: Offering $1 tacos and $8 quesadillas from 3-5 pm
- La Guadalupana (Corn Roasting Stand)
- Riverview Library
- Icy Cup: Offering $2 affogatto (their specialty), $1 ice cream cones and $1 hot dogs from 4 to 5 pm
- Wabasha Brewing: Offering a special four-beer flight for $6 from 4:30 to 5:30 pm
- PROCESS WITH US: Gather with the performers at Neighborhood House 2:30-3:30 pm to learn some of the songs before we start the procession OR catch up with us along the route. Bring tambourines, rhythm sticks, whatever you have!
- SING ALONG: Get ready and learn this song (Check it out on YouTube):
Te traigo del Rocío,
- CELEBRATE with the Coro Flamenco Street Choir at a reception at the end of the Procession (5-6 pm).
Kids are welcome!
Hosted by the West Side Community Organization.
Made possible in part by a grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.